Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pre-25 Hull PVP Plan: Part 2

Ok, as I alluded to in my last post, I decided to try out ECM against this guy as I have never used it before and was curious as to its effectiveness.

Going up against him again, I fired up my ECM and let it go to work while I pummeled his ship.  We appeared to be going toe-to-toe and trading blows, chipping the same amount away, when, BAM, ECM nails him and he delocks.  He expresses irritation at this and I get a few rounds of free fire, beginning to take chunks out of his armor.

There was one fatal flaw in my setup.....the two nos'es I equipped weren't enough to keep up with cap loss and my armor repper gave in before his did.  He started tearing chunks out of my armor while I watched his armor begin to repair more than I could hit it for.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13410591; BAM, my ship explodes and I find myself sitting in a pod.  Telling him GF, we both went on our ways and I was without another ship.....PVP takes a bit getting used to.

The Lessons:

Ok, so ECM isn't a win button.  I figured it wouldn't be but I was curious as to how effective it was.  First lesson, don't give up DPS and survivability for the small chance that you may get a few rounds.

Cap boosters are king.  I have seen multiple times now where a cap booster has made it so that the person with the most boosters wins the fight.  I need to begin using these as they appear to be invaluable in an active tank.

Other than those, I flew well.  I was just using lesser modules with lesser skills and it was pretty clear cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment