Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not Taking a Break, I Swear.

Just an FYI to any folks out there who may actually want to see more from me.  I would love to write more, but I have only gotten to play a couple hours in the past few days and in the time I have played, my roams have uncovered nothing more than a 2 person team trying to catch me to gank me in my little rifter....kind of a funny story actually.

The other night I jumped into a system in my 15 system string of lowsec that I am trying to roam, I warp into a belt at 100 like I normally do just to do a 360 and see if there's anyone in any of the nearby belts before scanning down further when, 130 km off, I see a Slicer and a Comet.  Now I'm no fool, I am DYING to cut my teeth on a ship, but I want something I think I might have a CHANCE of winning and a Slicer and Comet team would not give me that.  Anyway, when I warped in, they were finishing up on a pirate and the three of us literally SAT there staring at each other for a solid minute.

The best description I can give is when the fish guys in Spongebob Squarepants just sit there and blink with a neutral expression for an inordinate amount of time.  I was LOVING it lol.  I assume the reason they just sat there was to determine whether I had backup warping in and whether they wanted to engage or not..heh well once I saw them start burning toward me, I warp off.....and the chase was on!!  I warped to a couple different places in system, dropping bookmarks along the way not really concerned with them as I would warp in at 50 one time, 100 another time, 70 a different time, unless they were using a disruptor AND got very lucky, they weren't going to catch me.  After 10ish minutes of cat and mouse, I got bored and jumped out.  Sure enough, a few minutes later I see them again.  Sadly, it was at this point that my RL obligations got the better of me and I docked up for the night.

I'm seriously about ready to go to Molden Heath and pick a fight with some Tuskers just to watch something (me) explode.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very similar to my experiences lately. I'm finding a lot of ships that I could easily die to in a very short amount of time - but nothing that could be relatively equal and fun (especially since my character has less than a month's worth of training under his belt).

    Last night as I was rambling around I found a couple ships sitting on a gate to hi-sec (I warped to a bookmark 200k away to look the gate over before moving through). We sat and looked at each other for a few minutes until one of them moved through the gate - no doubt to tempt me into jumping the other one... It was getting late for me too, so after a couple more minutes of inactivity I warped to a station and called it a night.

    ReplyDelete