Friday, June 3, 2011

Sometimes roaming won't get you kills, but you'll get loot!

So last night, during a roam, I jumped into a system where, apparently, there was a 3 sided fight between 5 ships going on in one of the belts.  Perking my ears up, I waited until GF's were issued and then warped to the belt at 100km to see the damage.

I found that there were 4 wrecks ranging from cruiser to battleship and 2 red drakes sitting around.  Heart racing I'm thinking "oh crap oh crap oh crap" and I get ready to align, when I realize they are 120 km away.  "Ok, I think to myself, as soon as I start seeing locking, I'll warp out." Looking things over, I realize that there are wrecks 60, 120 and 150 km away from me...that's when I get an idea.

See, I'm flying a shield tanked Rifter right now.  This makes it so I have a bit of tank and I am fast....so fast that I decide to bookmark all the wrecks and warp out. =)  When I get to the station, I turn around and look at my bookmarks. CRAP, no range on the bookmarks and I have no idea which ones are next to the Drakes and which ones are 60 to 100 km away.  Closing my eyes and picking one randomly, I warp in and BINGO.  Drakes are sitting 90 km away and I have two unlooted battleship wrecks.  Picking through the wreckage, I find a couple Heavy Blasters, an EANM II, 10MN Afterburner II and 50 nanite repair paste.  I warp out and dock to unload my goods.  Popping back out, I warp in to the other set of BMs that are away from the Drakes and, go figure, one Drake warped out and the other is now where I had just looted...LOL.

I pick through the wreckage again and select a couple items that I can fit in my cargo-hold and just sit there.  I stare at him, he stares at me...blink blink blink....now he's 150km away which means that he can warp to me, but this is what I want.  I figure as soon as I see him warp, I warp out, which happens.  I immediately warp to the last set of wrecks that hadn't been looted yet, which funny enough, had been the ones the Drakes were next to initially, and loot the wreck.

Flying back into the station, I look up local Jita prices and find out, I just made 10 mil AND got a nice rush out of it as I was expecting the whole time to get ganked.  Not necessarily the most upstanding thing to do, but I figured that if there were 3 parties involved and the 2 drakes were in the same corp only 1 of which stayed, that means that there was no looting representation from the other parties.  It helps me sleep at night.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I also find I make a fair bit from picking up discarded drones. People are all too happy to ditch their T2 drones if it means saving their ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, lucky with that random warping. Got a nice reward from it too!

    I'd be interested in you checking out http://eve.stratics.com/hiring. You seem like a good writer and we could use more people like you. If you're interested, send me an email at astonix@stratics.com

    ~astonix
    Managing Editor of EVE Stratics

    ReplyDelete