Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stopping for now

So I created this blog with the full intention of seeing it through, however, seeing the newest expansion has completely killed my immersion and given me reason to doubt CCP and their solidarity as a gaming company.

MT be damned, I don't really care as I am sure they will have safeguards in place to make sure the economy doesn't crumble.  My issue is the fact that it has been 2 years since they have put out any real content and with this newest expansion, they proved to us that they aren't even working on developing EVE, just the new games and then giving us an "expansion" as a beta test for their other games.  While I am still fairly new, the fact that we probably won't see new content for a year or two is very depressing.  I am not QUITTING EVE, however, I am also not going to put time into a game to have it crumble when I finally get to where I want to be.  I will update this if the climate changes and I get my hangar view back. (For some reason not having it REALLY kills my immersion.)

Due to me not being able to post comments on my own blog, I'm posting here:
Well keep an eye on my blog.  I do plan on resubbing, but CCP is clearly going down the wrong path of using money which should be used for EVE dev on other ventures instead.  I do plan on playing again, who knows after the CSM meeting, I may even resub.  I just can't be ok with them developing nearly nothing for EVE while putting two games on full Microwarpdrive.  It's just wrong.

1 comment: